MJF Electrical is a young, vibrant electrical company which embraces modern working practices and actively encourages a good work/life balance for their employees.
There can be an expectation in the electrical industry of long hours, late nights, weekend working and trips all over the country. However, we ensure you are home in time to enjoy your evenings and have weekends available to make memories with your friends and family.
Our business is expanding rapidly and we offer varied work opportunities and excellent career prospects.
Our current vacancies are listed below, however we will consider speculative applications or proposals from experienced electricians who feel like they would fit our team.
We are hiring a Qualified Electrician to join our growing team at MJF Electrical based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.
The position would suit a Qualified Electrician with at least 2 years’ experience who can work well both independently and as part of our friendly & supportive team.
We offer electrical services across the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors within Gloucestershire and the surrounding areas. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to join an expanding company with varied work opportunities and excellent career prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and test domestic, commercial and industrial electrical systems to ensure they are working correctly & comply with all relevant safety standards.
- Identify and repair electrical faults.
- Repair or replace broken or unsafe equipment.
- Install new sockets, switches, lighting or other electrical equipment e.g., CCTV cameras, video doorbells, audio-visual equipment & smart home systems.
- Ability to rewire domestic and commercial properties.
- Assess the parts needed for each job and ensure these are ordered within the necessary timeframe.
- Complete documentation relating to the service or repair carried out.
- Ability to work from blueprints, diagrams and manuals as required.
- Maintain tools and equipment and report to management if or when they need replacing.
- Conduct any other routine maintenance, testing or repairs as required.
- Perform all duties to a high standard which uphold company values and safety standards.
- Comply with MJF Electrical policies and procedures as set out in the employee handbook.
This is not intended to be a full list of duties and responsibilities and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties relevant to the role from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Fully qualified 18th edition electrician.
- A City & Guilds 2391 qualification would be advantageous.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the electrical sector.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Friendly, polite and hardworking.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Knowledge and ability to use a range of relevant tools and materials.
- Competitive salary.
- Company vehicle.
- Fuel card.
- Company pension scheme.
- Local work.
- 40-hour work week.
- Social events.
The position is available immediately so apply today by emailing your CV to [email protected]
"*" indicates required fields